Winter is often overlooked as a time for home improvements. However, when it comes to residential roof replacement, the colder months may offer unexpected benefits.
At A. Clark Roofing & Siding, providing you with the education you need to make informed decisions about your home repairs and renovations is our mission.
The Benefits of a Residential Roof Replacement in the Winter
While replacing your roof in the winter might not be something you initially consider, there are many advantages to doing so. These include:
- MItigating structural risks: If your roof has weak spots or other undetected issues, a winter roof replacement can prevent those issues from worsening due to snow accumulation and ice damming.
- Enhanced adhesion: The warmth from your home’s heating system in the wintertime can aid in the adhesion process when using certain roofing materials, making for a more secure roof installation.
- Contractor availability: In the winter, fewer people are relying on Calgary and Edmonton roofers to provide residential roofing services. That means it’s more likely to find a roofer with immediate availability to handle your project.
- Reduced landscape impact: Because the ground is frozen and trees and grass are dormant in the winter, the risk of damage to your home’s landscaping is minimal in the winter.
Challenges of Winter Roofing
While the benefits of a residential roof replacement in winter are vast, there are also several challenges to consider before you make a plan to re-roof your home.
- Asphalt shingles may be brittle: When the temperature is cold, asphalt shingles become more brittle, increasing the risk of breakage during installation.
- Adhesion issues: The self-sealing strips on shingles might not adhere properly when the temperature is cold or as a result of snow and ice melt.
- Increased safety risks: Slippery roof surfaces increase the risk of falls and can slow down the progress of your roofing project.
Residential Roof Replacements from A. Clark Roofing & Siding
While there are some challenges associated with replacing your roof in the winter, the benefits can be significant. At A. Clark Roofing & Siding, we’re equipped to handle winter roofing, ensuring your project goes off without a hitch.
Contact us today for an estimate on your residential roof replacement.