Nothing can more dramatically impact the exterior structure of your home than a makeover using attractive siding. As you start thinking about different siding options, you will want to consider your home’s architectural style and find a siding choice that matches it. There are many different types of siding out there, but you will also want to make sure that the siding you pick fits in nicely with your overall style and complements other homes in the neighbourhood.
What Are My Siding Options?
Siding is all about aesthetics, function, and what you are trying to achieve. Whether you are going for something low-maintenance and durable or a style that is breathtaking, you should fully explore your options with Edmonton roofers:
- Stucco – Quality stucco is highly durable and lasts as long as your home. It offers a clean, modern exterior that can also be incorporated with Spanish-inspired finishes. It can be tinted in a variety of colours as well.
- Stone Veneer – Stone veneers offer a beautiful exterior that is more affordable than traditional stone. Be sure to look for cultured stone veneers rather than plastic look-alikes. Stone is best suited on a more traditional or rustic-inspired home.
- Cement Fiber – This can give you stucco, masonry or wood appearances (for example Hardie Siding). It is durable and requires little to no maintenance. It is also fireproof and has a long-term warranty.
- Wood Clapboard – Solid wood clapboard comes in cedar, pine, spruce, redwood, and Douglas fir. It can outlast vinyl as long as it is maintained and looks great on wood-framed homes.
- Brick Veneer – If you want a classic finish, brick veneers are attractive, durable and more traditional.
- Cedar Shingle – Cedar shingled homes blend perfectly with wooded landscapes. These come in earthen colours and require frequent staining to maintain them.
- Steel – Steel is strong and durable. It comes in wood-like textures and is ideal for the modern or industrial-style home.
- Engineered Wood – These panels are relatively inexpensive and feature the traditional look of clapboards without the same maintenance.
- Vinyl – Made from PVC, it will not rot or flake. It is less expensive, but prone to bulging and cracking. It looks great on homes from all eras, including Victorian and Colonial styles.
- Board and Batten – If you want something architecturally striking, board and batten is the way to go. It gives your home the appearance that it is taller than it really is, especially when installed vertically.
The Right Roofing Companies in Edmonton Make a Difference
When choosing the right siding for your home, you will want to go with a company that has years of experience in siding and offers you a large variety. These experts can help you weigh the pros and cons and choose siding that meets your maintenance and budget concerns. A. Clark Roofing & Siding has over 60 years of experience and we can help you select and install your home’s new siding.
Call us today for a no obligation estimate.