Are you looking to remodel your home, or to build a new one? You want a roof that is durable and stylish. You also want a roof that saves you money and is environmentally friendly. So, you should consider metal roofing. A. Clark Roofing and Siding has commercial and residential metal roofing options that will ensure your home or business safety and value.
Benefits of modern metal roofing
You need a roof that can handle the heavy snow of winter, as well as the heat of Alberta summers. Metal roofing systems provides a light-weight, but solid material that resists corrosion and fierce weather. Many roofs need to be replaced after 12-20 years of use. However, metal roofs can last at least 40 years, if not longer. Also, metal roofs are fire resistant, making your home safer and more secure than other popular options.
Metal roofing installation process
Our installation crew prepare the job site by ordering metal roofing materials and getting them delivered to site.
Our team of roofing professionals will complete the work as contracted by the property owner.
We periodically check on the project for the safety, workmanship, site cleanliness, and our customer’s satisfaction.
With over 65 years of experience, trust A. Clark Roofing and Siding to get the job done right, meeting all your roofing and siding needs.
Some considerations when using metal:
- There are different install methods from 1 metal product to another. For Metro and Decra some require installation with battens and some don’t. Companies should always follow the manufacturers recommended install process where possible. Sometimes install differs with climate and code for that area.
- For standing seam roofing there are many different install methods and it depends on if it is installed with a snap lock (1 clip), mechanical lock (2 clips) or nail strip (fastening strip attached to the panel).
- For metal gauges, the general rule is that as the gauge number decreases the thickness increases. For example, a 24-gauge metal roof is thicker, therefore stronger and more durable than a 26-gauge roof.
Treating or renovation of a metal roof with Re-Ply roofing products:
- Liquid roofing or re-ply roofing is a great option to fully replacing a metal roof. This can cut the costs down considerably with labour and material savings.
- Fasteners are refastened and treated with a waterproofing membrane and waterproofing product is brushed on. Then with industrial paint machines the liquid roofing is applied in layers. This can give warranties of 10 to 15 years.
Metal roofing pricing
Some think that metal roofing is the pinnacle of roofing because you are using a metal barrier for your roof. This isn’t far off! Regardless if you go with a stone-coated panel roof (Metro/Decra), standing seam roof, or liquid applied roof, expect that the pricing will be higher than that of a shingled or cedar roof—and with good reason! Metal is expensive and the price goes up every year. The installation process is very detail oriented and being skilled at cutting metal and ordering the cuts cuts correctly makes a big difference in how the job will look.
Copper roofs are usually done on the front of the house over bay windows to really make the curb appeal pop! Copper itself is expensive, but you could go to an aluminum version, like Copper Penny, that isn’t so hard on your wallet. Regardless what you use, you can also match your beautiful copper roof with matching copper fascia and soffit to make your neighbours really jealous!
With more than 65 years of experience, A Clark is the perfect partner for your metal roof installation or repair. Contact us today for a free estimate at either our Edmonton or Calgary location, or if you’d like to learn more about our metal roofing options.
Get a free quote
No unexpected charges—see exactly what your home needs with a free, upfront estimate.