What to Expect
Going through a renovation process with the exterior of your home can be a daunting process but we are here to try and help you prepare as best as we can about what to expect.
Before we start, any last minute changes…?
Please be sure to notify your A. Clark rep or the main office at 1-780-465-7571 before delivery at the latest.
Step 1 – Scheduling and Notification
- You will first be notified when an approximate start date is set and the install team is ready. All materials are property of A. Clark Roofing & Siding LP. Leftover material is taken and returned.
- This notification will also include a request to move BBQs, patio furniture, potted plants, etc. We will also advise to cover hot tubs, composite decking and other immovable items. We will ask where materials can be delivered
- We will ask where materials can be delivered and placed ahead of time.
- The delivery and installation may be delayed due to rains, threats of rain, moderate to high winds, extreme heats, frost or cold, etc. These precautions are taken for the safety of individuals and property, including your new exteriors.
- The install team will call you the day prior to installation starting on your project.
Step 2 – What You Can Do
- Please be sure that all access for the siding delivery is clear. This may include removing vehicles or RVs from driveways or the front of the house. The same should be considered when the installation work is in progress.
- Protect your sprinkler system by marking sprinkler heads with red tape or flags.
- Remove patio furniture, BBQs, potted plants, hanging baskets, etc. 5 to 10 feet away from the house. If you need assistance, please feel free to ask us and we’d be glad to help.
- Make sure lawns are recently cut and pets are cleaned up after. This ensures that we can clean nails and debris more effectively and safely.
- The renovation of the exterior will cause the structure to vibrate. Please secure all hanging pictures, loose chandeliers, and any other valuables to ensure they do not fall or break.
Step 3 – Installation
- Please also note that aside from the structure vibrating at times, the work itself and the equipment used can be loud. This may be disturbing to pets and kids.
- After the work is complete our crews will clean up all the debris from their work including using magnets around the building to clean nails and metal trimmings.
- If there are any changes you would like to make during the renovation, please contact your estimator or our office as soon as you can.
Step 4 – After the Installation
- A Quality Control (QC) Representative will do a final inspection of your exteriors and property to ensure everything was done to their satisfaction and yours. This usually happens a week after completion.
- If you were not home, we will leave a door knocker or business card behind. Sometimes these go missing so feel free to call us if you have any concerns.
- An invoice will be sent out to you by mail or email AFTER our QC check. We accept cheques, VISA, and Mastercard. We also now accept e-transfers.
- Sometimes nails do get missed for a variety of reasons such as nails getting stuck in the grass, dirt, rocks, or deep surface cracks despite being diligent. If this happens, please give us a call and we can come out again and help you get a clean and safe space.
- Please contact your estimator or our office if you have any questions regarding your renovation project, whether before, during or after the work being done. We are here to help, and they are your primary point of contact most familiar and responsive with the details of your project.
Get a free quote
No unexpected charges—see exactly what your home needs with a free, upfront estimate.