What to Expect
Going through a renovation process with the exterior roof of your home can be a daunting process but we are here to try and help you prepare as best we can about what to expect.
Before we start, any last minute changes…?
Please be sure to notify your A. Clark rep or the main office at 1-780-465-7571 before delivery at the latest.
Step 1 – Scheduling and Notification
- You will first be notified when the roofing materials will be delivered. All materials are property of A. Clark Roofing & Siding LP.
- This notification will also include a request to move BBQs, patio furniture, potted plants, etc. We will also advise to cover hot tubs, composite decking and other immovable items. Even small debris including loose granules can cause markings.
- An installation crew will follow the delivery within a week – this is weather dependent.
- The delivery and installation may be delayed due to rains, threats of rain, moderate to high winds, extreme heats, frost or cold, etc. These precautions are taken for the safety of individuals and property, including your new roof.
Step 2 – What You Can Do
- Please be sure that all access for the roof load is available. This may include removing vehicles or RVs from driveways or the front of the house. The same should be considered when the installation work is in progress.
- Protect your sprinkler system by marking sprinkler heads with red tape or flags.
- Remove patio furniture, BBQs, potted plants, hanging baskets, etc. 5 to 10 feet away from the house. If you need assistance, please feel free to ask us and we’d be glad to help.
- Make sure lawns are recently cut and pets are cleaned up after. This ensures that we can clean nails and debris more effectively and safely.
- The installation of the roof will cause the structure to vibrate. Please secure all hanging pictures, loose chandeliers, and any other valuables to ensure they do not fall or break.
Step 3 – Installation
- Please also note that aside from the structure vibrating at times, the work itself and the equipment used can be loud. This may be disturbing to pets and kids.
- Open space sheeting or board decking can cause debris to fall into an attic space. If your attic space is open, please remove any valuables. In garages with open ceilings, please remove vehicles during install as well. It is safe to consider removing the vehicles either way.
- Antennas, satellite dishes and solar panels that are attached to the roof will need to be lifted and then reset after the new roof is complete. A. Clark Roofing & Siding is not responsible for the quality of reception. We will try our best to install the appliance exactly where it was but due to sensitivity a tech may be required from your provider to fine tune the position.
- With regards to skylights the interior drywall or finishing may show minor cracks or “nail pops” after the work is completed.
- After the work is complete our crews will clean up all the debris from their work including using magnets around the building to clean nails and metal trimmings.
Step 4 – After the Installation
- A Quality Control (QC) Representative will do a final inspection of your roof and property to ensure everything was done to their satisfaction and yours. Some roofs are not as safe to access as others so modified inspections may occur. This usually happens a week after completion.
- If you were not home, we will leave a door-knocker or business card behind. Sometimes these go missing so feel free to call us if you have any concerns.
- An invoice will be sent out to you by mail or email AFTER our QC check. We accept cheques, VISA, and Mastercard. We also now accept e-transfers.
- New roofs may take time to settle and seal depending on the recent weather, sunshine, material type, etc. If they look uneven at first, they will likely settle down after a week or two of more ideal conditions and your QC rep can help you ensure that everything is installed correctly.
- Sometimes nails do get missed for a variety of reasons such as nails getting stuck in the grass, dirt, rocks, or deep surface cracks despite being diligent. If this happens, please give us a call and we can come out again and help you get a clean and safe space.
Get a free quote
No unexpected charges—see exactly what your home needs with a free, upfront estimate.