Before we start, are there any changes?
Please notify your sales representative or the main office in Calgary at 403-264-5556 of any alterations to the scope of work, including product and color selections, prior to material delivery.
Step 1 – Scheduling and Notification
- A member of our production team will contact you with available dates for material delivery. After the delivery, the roof installation will be scheduled, this typically takes place within one week of delivery.
- The delivery and installation may be rescheduled due to weather conditions i.e., precipitation, moderate to high winds and temperature. These precautions are taken to ensure the safety of our roofing installers, the integrity of the materials and to protect your property.
Step 2 – What You Can Do Prior
- Please be sure that all access for the roof load is available. This includes removing vehicles or RVs from driveways and the front of the house. We also recommend removing all vehicles from the property during installation.
- Protect your sprinkler system by marking sprinkler heads with red tape or flags.
- Remove all patio furniture, BBQs, potted plants, hanging baskets, etc. 5 to 10 feet away from the house. If you need assistance, please feel free to ask us and we’d be glad to help.
- Make sure lawns are recently cut and pets are cleaned up after. This ensures that we can clean nails and debris more effectively and safely.
- The installation of the roof will cause the structure to vibrate. Please secure all hanging pictures, loose chandeliers, and any other valuables to ensure they do not fall or break.
Step 3 – Roof Installation
- This notification will also include a request to move BBQs, patio furniture, potted plants, etc. We will also advise to cover hot tubs, composite decking and other immovable items. Even small debris including loose granules can cause markings.
- Aside from the structure vibrating at times, the work itself and the equipment used can be loud. This may be disturbing to pets and kids.
- Open space sheeting or board decking can cause debris to fall into an attic space. If your attic space is open, please remove any valuables. In garages, please remove vehicles during install as well.
- Antennas, satellite dishes and solar panels that are attached to the roof will need to be lifted and then reset after the new roof is complete. A. Clark Roofing & Siding is not responsible for the quality of reception. We will try our best to install the appliance exactly where it was but due to sensitivity, a tech may be required from your provider to fine tune the position.
- With regards to skylights the interior drywall or finishing may show minor cracks or “nail pops” after the work is completed.
- After the work is complete our crews will clean up all the debris from their work including using magnets around the building to clean nails and metal trimmings.
Step 4 – After the Installation
- A Quality Control (QC) Representative will do a final inspection of your roof and property to ensure everything was done to their satisfaction and yours. Some roofs are not as safe to access as others so modified inspections may occur. This usually happens a week after completion.
- If you were not home, we will leave a door knocker or business card behind. Sometimes these go missing so feel free to call us if you have any concerns.
- An invoice will be sent out to you by mail or email AFTER our QC check. We accept cheques, VISA, and Mastercard (up to $5000.00). We also now accept e-transfers.
- New roofs may take time to settle and seal depending on the recent weather, sunshine, material type, etc. If they look uneven at first, they will likely settle down after a week or two of more ideal conditions and your QC rep can help you ensure that everything is installed correctly.
- Despite being diligent sometimes nails do get missed for a variety of reasons. If this happens, please give us a call and we can come out again.
Get a free quote
No unexpected charges—see exactly what your home needs with a free, upfront estimate.