Solar panels are becoming an ever more common sight throughout Alberta. At A. Clark Roofing & Siding LP, our roofing contractors not only perform solar panel installations in Edmonton but throughout the province. We’ve put together this handy guide for home and business owners in Alberta who may be interested in having solar panels installed on their property.
Why Choose Solar Panels?
There are many good reasons why solar panels are growing in popularity. Just some of the many benefits you’ll get to enjoy thanks to a new solar panel array include:
- Instant energy savings
- Increased property value
- Minimal maintenance
- Reduction in your environmental footprint
Alberta’s Solar Rebate Program – Residential, Commercial & Non-Profit Incentives
Alberta has abundant solar resources, making it a fantastic location for solar power generation. We have some of the sunniest skies in all of Canada. In fact, National Resources Canada estimates that numerous municipalities in the province have the potential to produce over 6,000 kWh of electricity a year with a typical 5 kW residential solar array. Some locations, such as Chestermere and Medicine Hat, have solar potentials of over 6,500 kWh annually.
- Residential Incentives
- Homeowners receive a payable incentive of $0.75/watt from the Alberta Solar Rebate Program. They are allowed to recoup up to either 30% of all eligible system costs or up to $10,000, whichever of the two represents a lesser amount.
- If you live in Edmonton, you can save even more money through the City of Edmonton’s incentive of $0.15/watt. This means that you can earn a total of $0.90/watt on your new residential solar system, saving you about a third of the cost of a solar panel array installation.
- Commercial and Non-Profit Incentives
- Commercial and non-profit organizations likewise receive a payable incentive of $0.75/watt from the Alberta Solar Rebate Program. They are allowed to recoup up to either 25% of all eligible system costs or up to $500,000, whichever of the two represents a lesser amount.
Solar Rebate Program Eligibility
To be eligible for the Alberta Solar Rebate Program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Your solar panels must be connected to the grid.
- You must have rights to the property.
- You must have Wire Service Provider interconnection approval signed either on or after April 15, 2017.
- Your solar panel array must be both designed and installed by qualified installers such as the Edmonton roofers at A. Clark Roofing & Siding LP.
Are Solar Panels Right for Your Home or Business?
The ideal location for a solar array is on a south-facing roof that has large spaces without too many obstructions such as vents or skylights. The roof should also ideally be un-shaded and sloped enough to prevent too much snow accumulation in the winter.
Keep in mind that just because you don’t have the ideal roof doesn’t mean that solar panels are out of the question. Experienced Edmonton roofing contractors may be able to install and tilt your array in such a way that maximizes its ability to capture sunlight.
Clark Roofing & Siding LP.: Edmonton Roofers Providing Solar Panel Installation
Clark Roofing & Siding LP. is one of the leading roofing companies in Edmonton when it comes to solar panel installation. Our experienced roofers have installed both residential and commercial solar arrays for clients all throughout Alberta. We can help you save money on your energy bill and ensure that your system is eligible for the solar rebate program.
To speak to our Edmonton, St. Alberta and Sherwood Park area roofing contractors about having solar panels installed for your home or business, just contact A. Clark Roofing & Siding LP online for a free estimate or give us a call at 780.465.7571