The Alberta government has launched a $36 million rebate program for the instalment of solar generated power in households and commercial establishments. For property owners, it means a reduction in your energy costs that benefit the environment too. That’s where A. Clark Roofing & Siding LP is here to help residential and commercial solar panel installations that can save home and business owners a bundle day by day, year by year.
The Alberta government rebate program will cut solar installation cost by 30 percent for homeowners and 25 percent for businesses and non-profit organizations. This initiative has a plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the province by a half million tonnes.
To learn more about this program from the province of Alberta, please read this article found here http://globalnews.ca/news/3544679/alberta-government-revealing-details-about-solar-program/
Solar energy works by using the sun’s rays to generate heat or electricity. The goal of a solar system in your home or commercial building is to supply clean electricity and to provide a great return on investment on the initial purchase and set up. A solar thermal system will produce heat, whereas a solar photovoltaic -PV- system is used to generate electricity. Many systems are tied to the local utility grid where it will send excess electricity back to the grid. Keep in mind A. Clark Roofing has been around for 60 years and have the experience to install solar panels on your home, commercial building or farm.
A home or business is ideal for solar if it:
- Check your compass – Does your building face south to get the maximum sun exposure or in a southerly direction?
- Look up – do you get the sun all day & 12 months per year. Look up make sure you have no shade or buildings (on the south side) to block the power of the solar rays
- Check the grid – how far are you from a point to connect to the network? Call your local hydro or utility company to find yours please search using your postal code here https://ucahelps.alberta.ca/retailers.aspx
- Check the weight – many commercial buildings have a roof loading bearing capacity. Make sure you check yours to see how much the roof can handle.
- Find certified professional – A solar contractor, like A. Clark Roofing & Siding LP, will review all issues with an on-site solar assessment visit.
An abundance of solar energy is what Alberta has. In fact, while Germany has been at the forefront of global solar development, geographically Alberta has a significantly greater solar resource than Germany suggesting that Alberta is a good place for solar energy. A common concern in Alberta, however, is its inclement weather and conditions like hail. However, all solar panels are tested and certified to take on hail, wind, snow, ice and whatever harsh Edmonton and Calgary weather we have all grown to expect.
Finally, most people have a pretty good idea when they plan to replace a roof. Are one of these people? Now is the time to request a quote from A. Clark Roofing and Siding to coincide when your new roof is being installed.
Our team at A. Clark Roofing & Siding LP can make quick work of residential and commercial solar power installation, so you can save money, reduce your ecological impact and set the standard in your neighbourhood in Edmonton, St. Albert and Sherwood Park.
If you have any questions about solar panels or how they can add value to your residential or commercial property, please contact A. Clark Roofing & Siding LP at 780.465.7571 today. For 60 years A. Clark Roofing has been serving Central Alberta, one home at a time.